Friday, May 18, 2012

There is a first for everything!

Today I used a travel agent for the first time in 25 years. It was a nice change not to think entirely about what was on the screen and let someone else do the work for you.

But I am not so sure about the extra free - if it was worth it! 20 bucks extra for someone else to book flights for you, Is it worth the extra cash spent?

Doing it yourself - 
  • A little more time spent to search all the airline options - Price comparing
  • Have control on when you want to depart and arrive 
  • And have control on how much money to spend on airfare
Travel Agent - 
  • They make you worried, if taking a certain airline is the right choice!
  • The extra fee in booking through a Travel Agent
  • Do all the hard work for you! 

To be honest I am not too sure If i will use a Travel Agent again - I am just so used to do everything myself. Point taken on why I am the one phoning Contiki Holidays directly when I book my tours. And it is just how I network, doing such things by myself. No offense taken to the Travel Agents, I know this is your job - but I think I am just one of those travelers who needs to do it myself.

Thanks though, UNIGLOBE GEO for booking my Flight from Cairo to Madrid for January 6th, 2013. But I think I will be booking my second flight on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment